Monday, September 10, 2007

WebQuests

Webquests will be a very helpful tool when it comes to teaching and planning my own lessons. Before this class, I had not heard of them and would never have thought to use something like this in my classroom. I really liked the fact that it is avaliable all over the world, that way students are getting a more universal and equivalent education. I also liked how teachers are able to alter existing lesson plans and adapt them into their own unit and to fit their class. This will be a very nice resource when we are busy learning the ropes of the classroom and planning our own units. One thought that I had for a webquest would be in the area of social studies. You could use a webquest to teach students about their own state or to help them learn about the fifty states.

No comments: